About the Black Hills
EAT, PLAY, LIVE IN THE BEAUTIFUL BLACK HILLS.
Adventure awaits you! Rapid City is nestled into the eastern edge of the Black Hills, here you can find the best dining, shopping and entertainment in the region. We pride ourselves on “Doing Big Things” from carving mountains to climbing granite, here you will never be short of excitement. It’s our honor to welcome you home!
We invite you to take a peek of our hometown in this video below, courtesy of the Rapid City Convention and Visitors Bureau. For more information on dining, shopping and doing big things, click on www.visitrapidcity.com.
FUN FACTS ABOUT SOUTH DAKOTA
1. Our state has more shoreline miles than Florida.
2. It took 14 years and $1 million to carve Mount Rushmore.
3. We have an incredible craft brew scene in the Black Hills.
4. Incredible star gazing as our skies have minimal light pollution, in fact
Badlands National Park has some of the darkest skies in the nation.
5. Downtown Rapid City is home to Main Street Square, our central
gathering place, at one acre it entertains over 600,000 visitors a year.
6. Sue the Tyrannosaurus Rex was excavated by Faith, SD and is one of
the largest and most complete T-Rex skeletons ever found .
7. Over one thousand bison roam freely at Custer State Park.
8. The geographical center of the United States of America is located in
Belle Fourche, SD.
9. Crazy Horse mountain is the worlds largest sculpture.
10. South Dakota is ranked 10th most livable state in America.